Sunday, June 28, 2009

Updating My Library

I went through 2 of my 4 official bookshelves yesterday and added my existing books to Library Thing. (See my side bar flash through books) I have two more book shelves of my science fiction, education, childrens, and mystery books. Many of the books currently listed are old.

I have a full set of serial Charles Dickens with no date and no publisher listed. I was told 15 years ago these were probably sold door to door or through catalogs. Interestingly, I have two other collections that look like serials, but they have the missing information. Most of these collections date from before 1950. I also have a few books from the late 1890's. I still kick myself for missing that McGuffy's Primer from the 1850's for $3!

As I was scrolling through many of the books looking for my publisher, publication date and material(hardcover, paperback, leather), I found many people had entered erroneous information or have a slightly different edition from the one I held in my hand. I even found one of my serials with ? pub. date that I was able to fill in for my library.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment