Sunday, August 16, 2009

Yes, I finally finished the Twilight series

It was brutal, but I did it. I finished all 4 books of the Twilight series. Like I said with the first book, it's a cute romance and does carry along, but there are just not enough cliff hangers to keep me going. Meyers keeps her vamps toned down to the point of almost uninteresting. Her vamp fights hold a great deal of potential, but they never grow to maturity. You are told what could or would happen, but you never really see that devastation. Everything has a way of working itself out in the end.

The final showdown between the Volturi & the other covens is anticlimatic, even with Bella feeling her full potential in power. I would be very interested to read a book from the point of view of Rosalie and Emmett or Jasper and Alice or even another from Jacob with Renesme (what's in a name??!). It was a little bit a of let down.

I do like that fact that we got to here so many "how did it happen to you?" vamp stories. It really lent more to the characters. I would have liked to see that a little sooner so the reader could understand the characters' motivation a bit more. Perhaps we should check out Garrett and Jasper, seeing as they both came up during major American wars. Alice needs a little more finding of her background too.

Overall, a nice little story, but so much more could have been said and written. There is a great potential for plot lines that I believe could stretch Meyer's abilities even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment